If your lines are unfamiliar to me, I will be contacting you asking for some evidence that the ancestors were in Golden Valley County at a given point in time. Non-Golden Valley queries will be periodically removed.
Deb Wed Aug 2 14:57:22 2006
I am looking for information on a Knute K. and Sophia (nee SATERN) ROGNESS who came to Beach ND to take up a homestead with my grandmother Anna Marie ROGNESS. Anna was a "foster/adopted" child of Knute and Sophia after her biological mother (Kari ROGNESS) passed away in 1896. Anna would have been about 10 years old at the time of her arrival in Beach. It is my understanding that her foster father Knute K. ROGNESS passed away at April 7, 1909. Sophia then married a Malcolm PAULSON March 16th, 1920 and he passed away September 17, 1926 likely in Christine, ND. Thank you for any information you can provide.
Sonia McNally Fri Dec 22 11:46:28 2006
I am looking for information on the decendants of Philip & Lesta (STINSON) BROWN. Philip was born in Canada May 28, 1850 and died in Winona, Minnesota on October 28, 1918. He married Estella "Lesta" STINSON. She was born April 21, 1853 in Lincoln County, Maine. She died April 16, 1894 in Winona County, Minnesota. They had 10 Children.
1. Herbert "Bert" BROWN born April 17, 1874 in Winona County, Minnesota
2. Ella June BROWN born March 2, 1877 and died January 16, 1938 She married ____ Halmberg. ???
3. Walter H. BROWN born 1879
4. Herman Charles BROWN born September 30, 1879
5.Benjamin BROWN born October 28, 1881
6. Arthur Newton BROWN born June 8, 1883
7. Charles W. BROWN born January 1885 and died September 9, 1885.
8. Belle BROWN born between 1885-1890
9. Roy BROWN born July 31, 1890
10. Lloyd BROWN born February 22, 1894
I have MUCH more information on the STINSON family and would be willing to share that info.
There were 586 visitors from 9 Jul 2007 to 22 Jun 2011.